Customizing the Blank Timeline Template
Creating a timeline table from scratch can sometimes be a daunting yet also time-consuming process. However, there is another alternative that will make the designing process more convenient: using a blank timeline template. The good thing about this pre-designed table is that everything in it is constructed correctly.
How Do You Present a Timeline of Events?
The most popular way to represent a time table is to use a variety of repetitive elements, such as arrows or chevrons. They are relatively easy to create and understand. To make this, you will need to use Word or Google Docs. But if you want to save time, you simply need to download a timeline template.
Does Microsoft Word Have a Timeline Template?
Microsoft Word features plenty of timeline templates for any purpose. Suppose you are in need of creating a representation of a series of events in graphics, including the significant events in someone’s life. In that case, you simply need to use the SmartArt feature. Here is how to do it:
- Go to the “Insert” tab and select “SmartArt.”
- In the menu of “Choose a SmartArt Graphic,” select “Process,” locate the timeline template you want to use, and then double-click it.
- Select “Text” and type the text you want to include within the boxes.
Does Google Docs Have a Timeline Template?
Apart from Word, you can also create a timeline chart in Google Docs. This program also provides numerous free templates that are relatively easy to use and customize. However, suppose their designs are not up to your liking. In that case, you can also use a blank timeline template that you get from external platforms.
How Do You Make a Timeline on Google Docs?
If you want to create your own timeline template, you have several options. First, you can use Google Drawings to create a timeline chart. To do this, go to your GDrive account and open a new file of Google Drawings. Proceed to use the existing tools to draw lines, add text, and color to design your own timeline chart. Second, you can also use a spreadsheet to visualize the data of your timeline. However, this method requires adequate programming capabilities to construct your custom timeline chart.
However, if you aren’t required a graphical timeline, you simply need to use a spreadsheet to display all your timeline’s components with the start date and end dates along with other related details.
How Do I Create a Timeline Template in Excel?
The easiest method to create an Excel timeline is to use a pre-designed template. A template available in this program is particularly useful for those who don’t possess a lot of skills in creating a timeline chart. Here is the quick tutorial:
- Open Excel and find the template by typing “Timeline” on the search box.
- Find the layout you like and double-click it.
- To add information to the template, select the “Project Timeline” and enter your project’s name.
- Scroll down the spreadsheet and enter the start date, then input the first task to complete to the “Activity” row by clicking the “Milestone” field twice.
- Click the “Tab” option to input the End date. Repeat the steps 3 to 4 to complete the entire chart.
Suppose you use a blank timeline template to represent a series of events. In that case, you will not only need to add the required information. But you will have to make it more engaging to look at.