- 1 How to Make a Fair Company Vehicle Policy Template
- 2 What is a Company Vehicle Policy?
- 3 Why You Need to Make a Company Vehicle Policy?
- 4 What to Include in a Company Vehicle Policy?
- 5 What to Include in the Staff’s Responsibilities and Requirements?
- 6 How to Create a Company Vehicle Policy?
How to Make a Fair Company Vehicle Policy Template
Many companies and organizations have the policy to provide vehicles for their employees. If a corporation decides to implement this policy, there would also be another policy to explain how, where, and when the employees are able to use the vehicles. Such a documented protocol could be composed with the use of a company vehicle policy template.
company vehicle policy template customizable word design template
What is a Company Vehicle Policy?
It’s a written policy where the employees of a company are eligible for the vehicles of the corporation. It explains the requirements that every staff must comply with when they would like to use the corporate vehicles. In addition to that, the policy also includes disciplinary sanctions if the employees happen to be abusing the use of vehicles.
company vehicle policy template example word design
Why You Need to Make a Company Vehicle Policy?
The shipping and storage companies are those industries that have the largest number of fatalities from work vehicle accidents. That is why making a decent company vehicle policy is the ideal way to protect corporate’s assets and your employees.
company vehicle policy template free download word
What to Include in a Company Vehicle Policy?
- Company responsibilities: State the basic information of the vehicle, such as the make, model, fuel types, registration, etc.
- State that can drive the vehicle: In this part, signify which of your company staff are allowed to drive the corporate cars.
- Define the workers’ responsibilities and qualifications: You should state all the requirements each staff must comply with when they want to use the vehicles.
- Lay down the usage restrictions: This is the section where you can elaborate on which vehicle can be used and which one cannot be utilized.
- Define the policies for stolen cars, accidents, and fines: State to whom the employee should call if an incident happens and decide who should cover the costs of damages and sanctions.
- Define vehicle return guidelines: In this part, you should describe how the employees should return the vehicles.
company vehicle policy template free word template
What to Include in the Staff’s Responsibilities and Requirements?
In a company vehicle policy template, this is the section where you must set down all the requirements that must adhere by the employees when using a corporate vehicle. Here are some of the requirements and responsibilities you can include in your company protocol:
- Every employee must have a legal driver’s license, especially a Class C license.
- All the staff who would like to use the cars must have a decent record of driving and understand the code of conduct on the road.
- Employees should be able to follow the traffic and safety regulations.
- Corporate staff must be capable of keeping a record of the fuel, toll, and urgent repairs costs.
- Every staff who uses the vehicles should be immediately reporting any damage, incident or accident, and other issues.
company vehicle policy template in word design
How to Create a Company Vehicle Policy?
Apart from defining the guidelines for using the vehicle and the individuals who are eligible to drive the cars, a company car policy should also include the income tax of the driver. Another additional policy is that the workers who use the car must be capable of taking care of it.
company vehicle policy template in word free download
Moreover, the other additional section is that insurance. Will the company provide insurance for the cars, or will the employees should cover it?
A company vehicle policy template will give you all the basic details your policy should have. However, before composing the written protocol, it’s advisable to hold a meeting with your staff first.
company vehicle policy template in word
company vehicle policy template template for word
company vehicle policy template template free word
company vehicle policy template word template free