How to Make Construction Timeline Template in Excel
A construction timeline template is a pre-created layout that provides a detailed structure of a whole construction project based on the duties completed by the project engineer or team. It also provides an exact time and budget overview. It serves as one of the most critical anticipated results for a project builder as it helps in coordinating the whole project.
construction timeline template customizable word design template
What is a Construction Timeline?
It’s a schedule that is usually made by a construction manager to plan a project, split it up into several specific tasks, and then set precise dates as well as deadlines. This building plan offers an outline of precisely what kind of work is to be completed in a building project.
What Should Be Included in a Construction Timeline?
A construction schedule should include the type of tasks, when the jobs should start and deadlines, duration, and all resources designated to each activity. An effective construction timeline is a vitally important aspect of successful time scheduling.
construction timeline template free download word
How Do You Write a Construction Timeline?
A construction timeline template offers you the basic format of how to write an excellent project schedule. However, it’s essential to know the five primary elements that you must address when making the construction schedule.
- Look for information and tools: List all the subcontractors that will involve in the project and give them a call. Consider asking them how long it takes for the materials to be obtained and how much time their part of the work is expected to take.
- Collect the tasks and put them in order: Break the project down into several specific tasks. Be sure to put the most important activity on the top of the list.
- Add duration: Add a start as well as finish date to each of the project activities. You can include a bar chart that displays the length of the work.
- Assign and execute: The project is impossible to get done by itself. Allocating each task to many teams can really confuse, especially when you have bunches of subcontractors you must keep tracking. You can easily differentiate each team and job by using color code for each of the activities. This way, you can find out who works on a particular project once the construction project begins.
- Review: You will need to always keep track of the project’s schedule to ensure the progress is aligned with your project plan.
construction timeline template free word template
How Do I Create a Construction Schedule in Excel?
- First off, launch the program and list all the construction schedules in a table.
- Start making the Gantt chart by clicking a blank cell. Choose the “Insert” option from the toolbar. Locate the “Bar Chart” menu and select the “Stacked Bar.”
- To add the start dates of each task to the chart, right-click the chart space and select the “Select Data.”
- Add the length of each task to the chart in the same manner as above.
- Add descriptions by right-clicking a blue bar in the chart and click “Select Data.”
construction timeline template in word design
Does Excel Have a Gantt Chart Template?
Unfortunately, Excel doesn’t have a Gantt chart template. But you can get this template from external sources and customizing it as your preference.
construction timeline template in word free download
Making a construction schedule doesn’t have to be a hassle as long as you have a construction timeline template and all the required information.
construction timeline template in word
construction timeline template template for word
construction timeline template template free word
construction timeline template word template free