- 1 Printable Credit Card Authorization Form Template for Free
- 2 What Is A Credit Authorization Form?
- 3 How Do I Write An Authorization Letter For A Credit Card?
- 4 How Do You Authorize A Credit Card?
- 5 Are Credit Card Authorization Forms Safe?
- 6 Can Your Credit Card Be Charged Without Your Authorization?
Printable Credit Card Authorization Form Template for Free
Credit card authorization form template is a blank document you may use as cardholder to precede the purchases when you cannot physically show up during the transaction time. This form serves as the substitute of your credit card.
credit card authorization form template customizable word design template
What Is A Credit Authorization Form?
There are two main purposes of the credit card authorization form for merchants and business. Those primary functions are:
- It provides permit or authority for the business to charge your credit card without you having to present yourself physically.
- It prevents undesired and chargeback fraud that may damage relationship between the merchant and the business. The merchant provider may refuse to continue the professional relationship with the business if it gets way too many chargebacks.
How Do I Write An Authorization Letter For A Credit Card?
Here are seven steps on how to use credit card authorization form template:
- Provide your identity as accurate as it can be.
- Provide the identity of business entity or individual that you want to give authority of.
- Identify their full name, identification number, and what relation you have with them.
- Define the authority scope in detail, which is the list of actions allowed to take.
- Define the authority exclusion if there’s any, which is the list of action that you don’t authorize to be taken.
- Determine the beginning and expiry date of the authorization.
- Provide a list of extra clauses as necessary, such as the authority clause that can be transferred.
credit card authorization form template free download word
How Do You Authorize A Credit Card?
When you’re about to buy goods or purchase services without being physically present, authorization is the initial step to perform. The merchant will submit request to the processor of credit card, which sometimes referred as acquirer (for instance, PayPal), then the processor will send request to the issuer of your credit card (for instance, MasterCard or Visa).
credit card authorization form template free word template
The credit card issuer will review your account first in order to determine if you have sufficient fund to cover the amount of purchased items. If they approve, then the authorization hold will be made that decrease your credit line.
They also will send authorization code to the processor then the code will be transferred to the merchant to create code of approval and for error. If code of error is issued, it means you transaction cannot be proceeded.
Are Credit Card Authorization Forms Safe?
Credit card authorization form is a tool to avoid mishaps or frauds. It contains your address as the card holder, the details of your credit card, along with security code to prevent fraudulent risks.
credit card authorization form template in word design
Can Your Credit Card Be Charged Without Your Authorization?
Your credit card cannot be charged legally by the merchant without your authorization. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the authorization form is needed for each charge made by merchant. For example, signature is typically deemed as sufficient form of authorization.
credit card authorization form template in word free download
Keep in mind that credit card authorization form template submission may fail for financial or technical reasons. You will be notified by the processors if you receive error code the reason why it cannot be processed.
credit card authorization form template in word
credit card authorization form template template for word
credit card authorization form template template free word
credit card authorization form template word template free