The Simple Data Mapping Template in Excel
Data mapping is the central part of all the processes of data integration. Transformation of data or even filtration issues can happen and cause low-quality data without an appropriate strategy of data mapping. This can affect the research, forecasting, and decision-making of companies. Thus, it is essential to make use of a data mapping template to create a proper process of data mapping.
data mapping template customizable word design template
What Is a Data Mapping Document?
It is a method by which data fields are extracted from one or more sources and linking them to their associated target sectors. Data mapping is used to compile data by conducting the process of extraction, transformation, and compilation in a database server.
What to Include in a Data Mapping?
- The name of the data sources you are going to transform and assemble.
- The name of the target or destination field in which information is going to live after transfer and transformation.
- The values or the columns of the mapped data tables, such as the name in data sources, student name in the target field.
- Identify how the data will be formatted after the data is transformed or transferred.
- What will cause data integration or transfer of the database.
- When and how frequently the automation flows can work and how to fix errors.
data mapping template free download word
Does Microsoft Excel Have a Mapping Feature?
Excel does have a mapping feature that will automatically transform the data to a type of geography data. It will also include all the items related to the existing data that you can present in the form of a map chart. Therefore, if you opt to use a data mapping feature to create your own data mapping, it is best to select the one you can customize in Excel.
data mapping template free word template
How Do I Create a Data Map in Excel?
- Launch Excel and go to the “Workflow” tab. Select the “Data Load Mapping” under the “Data Load” option.
- Click on “All Mapping.”
- Select the “Download Excel Template” in the “Import” drop-down menu. Save or copy the file to a hard drive.
- Launch the template file and click on “Map.”
- Put the “Location” in B1, Location ID in B2, and in the “Dimension” drop-down menu in B3, choose the dimension.
- In the “Source” column, input the value of the source dimension.
- In the “Source Description” column, input a source value’s description.
- In the “Target” column, input the target of the dimension value.
- In the “Change Sign” column, input “True” to transform the account dimension. Input “False” if you don’t want to change it.
- In the “Data Rule Name” column, input the data name if the database applies to a particular data name.
data mapping template in word design
How to Use Data Mapping Template in Excel?
Make sure there is no single blank line in the template. If you wish to include lines in your template, keep the new ones in the designated space.
A data mapping template comes in a regular spreadsheet that you can share with your coworkers. With a template, you can develop a culture where data in your company can be accounted for.
data mapping template in word free download
data mapping template in word
data mapping template template for word
data mapping template template free word
data mapping template word template free