Skills You Must Include In A Legal Secretary Resume Objective
Just like a secretary in general, a legal secretary has to handle all administrative work. However, a legal secretary also must understand several things related to documents and procedures related to law. For example, preparing summons, legal documents, and matters relating to courts. If you want a position as a legal secretary, you must have a strong and convincing legal secretary resume objective. Besides, you must also emphasize that you know the law.
What Should Be Included In A Good Resume Objective?
An important element that you should include on your legal secretary resume objective, among others, is knowledge of legal and clerical issues. Your prospective employer will consider these two things as important aspects of being accepted into a legal secretary position.
Other things that you need to include in your career objectives are your ability to serve customers, knowledge of computers, professional communication skills, and other skills related to your field. Your resume will look more attractive by incorporating several skills that stand out.
The Job Descriptions of A Legal Secretary
What is the duty of a legal secretary? This may have been discussed a little earlier. For more details, you can take a look at these duties before writing a legal career objective:
- Provide assistance to lawyers
- Addressing legal problems faced by clients
- Receive calls from clients
- Maintain all important legal documents
- Type several documents such as wills, agreements, statements, and others
- Do legal research
- Analyze various information from clients
- Carry out administrative responsibilities
- Doing office work including filing
Skills You Need To Be A Legal Secretary
It will be a good idea to write your legal secretary resume objective based on the skills that are needed. Like the following skills:
- Having good communication skills
- Have knowledge of the law
- Skilled in managing time
- Professional and resilient
- Willing to work with the legal department
- Able to coordinate with courts
- Able to make critical decisions
- Having the good interpersonal ability
- Able to draw up contracts
- Understand the operation of computer software
- Can provide legal advice
Legal Secretary Resume Objective Samples
You can write a good career objective for resume for lawyers or secretaries by paying attention to some important elements. No need to worry if you don’t know how to get started, below are some career objective samples that can be your insight:
- Experienced Legal Secretary who brings 3+ years experience to work with XYZ company. A place where I can develop my skills in communicating and providing the best service to clients.
- Self-motivated and dedicated who seek Legal Secretary positions at BCC Company. Bring qualified skills in the fields of administration, document maintenance, and extensive legal knowledge.
- Administrative experts who are familiar with teamwork can communicate well and can prepare various legal documents. Seeking a position as Legal Secretary at XYZ Company to contribute maximally.
- Competent, analytical, and critical thinking looking for a position as Legal Secretary with Bent Firm to leverage my expertise in working in a similar field for 3+ years. Able to manage appointments and schedules professionally.
In brief, a legal secretary resume objective is written in a short statement which includes your best skills related to the qualification. Hope our explanation above can help you a lot.