Setting a Smart Goals for NICU Nursing Resume Objective
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is also called Intensive Care Nursery is an intensive care unit that is emphasizing in the things that are dealing with the care of newborn infants which is prematurely born and/or newborn infants who have an illness. Before determining your career path as a NICU nurse, a proper application together with NICU Nursing Resume Objective could be written to assure that you are an eligible and qualified candidate.
In case you are considering a career as a NICU nurse, you should not miss the following criteria to pass the qualification requirements. Commonly, they are bachelor’s degree in Nursing, registered nursing licensing, experience in ICU or NICU, and other supporting skills. That skill would be a perfect match for their job responsibilities.
NICU Nursing Job Responsibilities
Beside the requirements of being NICU Nurse, their job responsibilities shall be included in your consideration. The following matters are their common job responsibilities:
- Provide all-day care to prematurely born infants and newborn infants who have an illness.
- Taking care of the infants’ basic needs
- Assists the NICU physicians in medical treatments and procedures
- Educate parents about taking care of their newborn for home treatment
- Perform medical procedures. E.g.: perform tests, insert intravenous lines, etc.
The NICU Nurse job could begin with writing NICU Nursing Resume Objective within the application. Indeed, you should consider the above responsibilities and the requirements. Won the interview could be achieved by being stand-out. You may refer to the NICU nurse resume example and NICU nursing resume objective example that you can found widely in many sources.
In addition to the great resume, and resume objective you put within your application, you may opt to include your goals to make your application differ from the other applicants.
Smart Goals for NICU Nurses
To make your application stand out from the others, beside inserting the NICU nursing resume objective you could insert the smart goals for NICU Nurses. Below are mentioned how to formulate it effortlessly.
- Be realistic – the goals should be within your capability and skill set. Setting realistic goals will not deny your motivation to achieve them.
- Be specific – setting specific goals, whether it is short-term or long-term goals, you have to be specific to increase the motivation for you to progress to them.
- Be attainable – Nursing goals should be attainable and possible to be achieved. It is allowed to make challenging goals, but to keep it attainable is important to keep you on track for your goals.
- Measurable – goals have to be measurable to make it There should be a way to measure the progress of your goal achievement.
- Use ‘will’ instead of ‘want’ in creating your goals to make it powerful. E.g.: I want to show more empathy for my patients could be replaced with I will spend extra minutes with my patients to discuss any interests to relieve their stress about their condition.
It is recommended to add up your goals with NICU nursing resume objective to make your application is standing out from the others. The following resume objective could be used as a reference or you may reuse it.
- Highly proficient NICU nurse that possess two years’ experience in providing care for a neonatal newborn within hospital environment which will help patients to recover in time.
- Experienced in solving patients’ illness and taking care of newborn basic needs. Looking for a working environment to apply her skillset and capabilities in the neonatal intensive care unit.
That is all about NICU nursing resume objective and formulate a smart goal for NICU nurse. Good luck with creating yours.