- 1 Biweekly Timesheet Template and How to Make It Efficiently
- 2 What Is a Biweekly Timesheet Template?
- 3 What should be Included in A Timesheet?
- 4 How Do I Create Biweekly Timesheet in Excel?
- 5 How Do You Calculate Timesheet Hours?
- 6 How Do You Calculate Biweekly Hours?
- 7 Printable Biweekly Timesheet Template Sample
Biweekly Timesheet Template and How to Make It Efficiently
Monitoring work hours using a biweekly timesheet template is essential for any employer. It helps you to keep the time track without putting lots of effort. To understand this advantageous template more, let’s check on the next section.
What Is a Biweekly Timesheet Template?
It is a template to track the employee’s working time for two weeks. If you have lots of employees in a small business, it will help to objectively monitor the employees, so you can decide their paycheck fairly based on their productivity.
What should be Included in A Timesheet?
All timesheet templates will include much information depending on the purpose. However, it generally includes:
- Basic information, such as employee’s name and ID number, time when they clocked in and out for each day.
- In some cases, biweekly timesheet template also includes overtime work, how many days the employees took a vacation, and their lunch breaks.
How Do I Create Biweekly Timesheet in Excel?
It is actually quite easy. You just need to create a format for the sheet by deciding how many cells and columns you want to use. After that, make a title on cell A1, and highlight it until any cells you think is enough then click Merge & Center. When the title is made, enter your data on the table.
Furthermore, calculate how many hours the employees worked by inserting the SUM formula in the cells below the data. Then, calculate the estimated payroll by using the same formula.
How Do You Calculate Timesheet Hours?
There are many methods you can use, such as asking the employees to record their worked hours on paper. Another method is using a time clock that will allow them to record their hours by inserting a paper time card into the machine. Once they are recorded, you can start estimating the work duration to calculate the payroll.
Furthermore, you can also manually calculate the hours by converting them to military time. After that, subtract the annual start time until the end time and convert it to a decimal format to help you determine the total wage.
How Do You Calculate Biweekly Hours?
First, figure out the gross annual salary beforehand, and then divide it by 26. The result will be the amount of what your employees will get for two weeks. You can also calculate it by dividing the biweekly pay by the number of regular hours worked, so you can estimate the hourly rate.
Is Getting Paid Biweekly Good?
There are several good points on why getting paid biweekly is good. Here they are.
- This system is more effective and consistent for employees as they can get a paycheck every two weeks.
- The employees also won’t face too many financial problems because they don’t have to wait and use more budgets waiting for the next paycheck.
- This system will help to reduce the errors in payroll management.
Well, using this system can be beneficial for both employers and employees. It will help them fairly decide the payroll. That’s why it’s a good thing to use a biweekly timesheet template as it offers various convenient features.
Printable Biweekly Timesheet Template Sample